I went in for my first weekly appointment on August 10th and was already dialated to almost a 3 and 50% effaced. On Wednesday the 12th I wasn't feeling very good. I was extremely swollen and had a huge headache. I called and made an appointment to go see my doctor, who was out of town. I saw the on call doctor and after the urine test and blood pressure check she decided I had pre eclampsia and since I was exactly 37 weeks, needed to have the baby right away. I called Brady who was working in Taylorsville and he agreed to meet me at home. My mom picked me up from the doctors and took me home to get everything together to head to the hospital. As soon as Brady got home the three of us headed to the hospital. They induced me around 3:30pm and Grace came into the world at 9:56pm. It all went very quickly. She weighed 5 lbs 14 oz and 18 inches long. My mom was so great to stay with us the whole time, she didn't go home until around 1am. It happened to be the night of my neice Carly's wedding dinner and I felt bad that we took some of the attention away from her. Mom, Dad, Amy, PJ, Kate, Elli, Brady's parents and sisters all visited us that night before and after the birth. It was the most incredible experience I've ever had. I cannot imagine my life without Grace. Here are some pictures of my little lambkin.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love her already. I can't wait to meet her!
Hi, Congratulations on your cute baby girl. I found Maria's blog so now I can stay in touch with you too. She is beautiful.
I love Baby Grace. She is so beautiful. It is hard to share her with so many others. I am glad you finally updated your blog. Bring the cups to nursrey for me tomorrow.
Thanks
Cherilyn,
She's absolutely beautiful. Motherhood is an amazing experience. It gets better with each one. Really. I am enjoying baby number four more than ever. I can't get enough of him. I hope you are doing well. It's great to hear from you and to see all the blessings that have come to your little family! love, Rachelle
Post a Comment