Here is my baby at 6 weeks. Look how much she has grown. It blows me away at how big she has gotten in such a short time. She was 6lbs 12oz and 20 inches at her 1 month appointment. The last few days have been filled with much thought about having to go back to work next week. It breaks my heart to think of leaving her, even for the shortest period of time. I have a lot of respect now for those working mothers out there that have gone through this. It is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done. I feel a little better about it knowing that she will be cared for by her wonderful grandmothers. The last couple days I have had some major baby blues. I don't know how many of you have had this but I would never wish it on anyone. It sucks. I have never felt more inadaquate than I do right now. I thought I wasn't going to go through it but here I am 6 weeks later. We moved into a cute little old house last Monday and I don't think that has helped at all. I feel like there isn't enough of me to go around. On to happier things. Here are some other of my favorite pictures of my beautiful baby Gracie.
Cher, everyone feels the baby blues. I always got them at night, before bed. Maybe you could stop thinking about all the things that didn't get done or what you aren't feeling good about and look at the positive, like I got a shower today or I said something nice to my husband. You are such a great mama and you are doing what you need to for your family right now thinking about the future. You are very lucky to have such good caretakers. In those last two pics, she looks a lot like Brady. What a beautiful baby you have and let us know if you need anything. I can relate to a lot of what you are going through right now, so if you need to talk feel free to call.
I jut re-read my last comment and realized it might come across wrong. I just wanted you to feel like you weren't alone and its normal, but that DOES NOT make it any easier when you are feeling down. I hate when people tell me that things are "normal". We love you and you are doing a FANTASTIC job being a wonderful wife and mother.
I still haven't seen that cute Gracie smile! I've heard she's doing it! You're doing an awesome job! Going back to work is one of the hardest things you'll have to do. You have my sympathy. I'm sure it's comforting to know that she is in such good hands. In my opinion, you're a pretty amazing mom if you're willing to do something that is killing you inside for the benefit of your family. Love you!
I still get the baby blues from time to time, and I really think stress causes it. Even being stressed about going back to work will make you start thinking that you aren't doing anything right. But it goes away, and you have such a beautiful baby to help cheer you up. Her dimples are enough to lift anyone's spirit. I really wish we had been able to come over and see you more during the last 6 weeks. I feel so bad about that. But you probably know that just getting ready for the day is pretty hard when you have a baby. I love you, you are such a great mom, as I knew you would be:)
What a cutie. I miss her already. She is beautiful. I love the manly foot and toe picture. You might want to tell people that Colton's foot is size 13.
I love the picture of Gracie looking up at her daddy! I can't imagine how it must be to leave her and go to work. I couldn't do it. I'm just glad I get to be part of it. Love, Mom
She is a beautiful baby. I can't imagine how your must be feeling about leaving her. You have two wonderful mom's to watch over her. What could be better than that.
I had baby blues after Syd and was pregnant with Tanner the whole time as well. I remember feeling so bad about being tired and down and thinking that Syd was being robbed of her babyhood because I was tired and depressed. After Tanner was born my hormones shifted and I kind of just snapped out of it. It will end and in the meantime you will be a great mom! Grace will know you are trying your best for her! And it does get easier...hang in there :)
Brady and I met in my parent's ward. We started dating in October of 2007. Brady proposed on January 18, 2008. We were then sealed for time and enternity in the Bountiful Temple on May 2, 2008. Then August 12, 2009 we welcomed our beautiful baby Grace Kathryn into the world.
10 comments:
Cher, everyone feels the baby blues. I always got them at night, before bed. Maybe you could stop thinking about all the things that didn't get done or what you aren't feeling good about and look at the positive, like I got a shower today or I said something nice to my husband. You are such a great mama and you are doing what you need to for your family right now thinking about the future. You are very lucky to have such good caretakers. In those last two pics, she looks a lot like Brady. What a beautiful baby you have and let us know if you need anything. I can relate to a lot of what you are going through right now, so if you need to talk feel free to call.
-Cassidee
I jut re-read my last comment and realized it might come across wrong. I just wanted you to feel like you weren't alone and its normal, but that DOES NOT make it any easier when you are feeling down. I hate when people tell me that things are "normal". We love you and you are doing a FANTASTIC job being a wonderful wife and mother.
I still haven't seen that cute Gracie smile! I've heard she's doing it! You're doing an awesome job! Going back to work is one of the hardest things you'll have to do. You have my sympathy. I'm sure it's comforting to know that she is in such good hands. In my opinion, you're a pretty amazing mom if you're willing to do something that is killing you inside for the benefit of your family. Love you!
I still get the baby blues from time to time, and I really think stress causes it. Even being stressed about going back to work will make you start thinking that you aren't doing anything right. But it goes away, and you have such a beautiful baby to help cheer you up. Her dimples are enough to lift anyone's spirit. I really wish we had been able to come over and see you more during the last 6 weeks. I feel so bad about that. But you probably know that just getting ready for the day is pretty hard when you have a baby. I love you, you are such a great mom, as I knew you would be:)
what a little doll! She's so perfect.
What a cutie. I miss her already. She is beautiful. I love the manly foot and toe picture. You might want to tell people that Colton's foot is size 13.
I love the picture of Gracie looking up at her daddy! I can't imagine how it must be to leave her and go to work. I couldn't do it. I'm just glad I get to be part of it. Love, Mom
I am sorry about the blues and having to go back to work. Gracie is adorable though.
She is a beautiful baby. I can't imagine how your must be feeling about leaving her. You have two wonderful mom's to watch over her. What could be better than that.
I had baby blues after Syd and was pregnant with Tanner the whole time as well. I remember feeling so bad about being tired and down and thinking that Syd was being robbed of her babyhood because I was tired and depressed. After Tanner was born my hormones shifted and I kind of just snapped out of it. It will end and in the meantime you will be a great mom! Grace will know you are trying your best for her! And it does get easier...hang in there :)
Post a Comment